Chair: Robert Marschinski, Joint Research Centre, European Commission
This session informs on research insights and paves the way for a discussion of the following questions:
- What is the current state of robot technologies in Europe?
- How do robots impact productivity? Does this impact differ between countries and sectors in the EU?
- Do robots increase the competitiveness of EU industries in a globalised world?
- What is the impact of robots on employment and inequality?
- What are the implications of the economic impacts for the EU’s future competitiveness and in political terms?
- Daron Acemoglu, MIT
- Anna Margriet Salomons, University of Utrecht.
- José Manuel Mendonça, University of Porto